- Trust Services
- About Us
Pay your friends instantly with P2P and the Mobile Community.
The P2P feature allows you to securely send money to your friends at any bank from your computer or phone!
How P2P Works
P2P uses your CB&T debit card to send money to your friends for a $0.50 per transaction fee! To get started:
- Login to the Mobile Community. If you don't have an online account then click here to enroll now!
- Go to the "P2P" tab, found in the "Transactions" menu.
- Input your recipient information. You'll need their email address or cell phone number to send them money.
- Select the debit card you want to use to send the money. If you haven't set one up in the system yet, click on "Add a Card" and input your CB&T card information.
- Click "Continue," review and submit - then you're done! The funds will leave your account immediately and your friend will receive an email or a text message alerting them of the funds. They will have 10 days to claim the money (by inputting their debit card or account information).
Is P2P safe?
When you send money to a friend, your financial information is never passed along to them. While you do input your CB&T debit card information, that card information is stored in the same servers as all your online banking account information, so you have the peace of mind this information is encrypted and secure. Your debit card information is not sent to your friend when you pay them. In fact, they never see any of your personal information, other than your name. You may also notice that your friend's information is also not stored in your account. Every time you send a payment to someone, you must re-enter their information (either their phone number or email address). While this may seem like a hassle, CB&T's P2P is set up this way to prevent storing as little personal information as possible.
Unlike other personal payment apps, the receiver's information is not stored in the system either. When receiving a payment, the receiver will input their personal debit card or account information, but this information is never stored. It is used to process the transaction and then the information is erased. While it may be an inconvenience for the receiver to input their account information every time they receive a payment through CB&T's P2P, this is for the receiver's protection.
Still have questions about P2P's security? Give us a call at 753-1521.