Deposit a check on the go!
The Mobile Deposit feature gives you the ability to deposit a check using the Mobile Community mobile app from an Apple or Android device by taking a photo of the check. When you submit a check using the "Deposit Check" feature, the check goes through the same approval process that it would if you had deposited it in person at a bank location.
How does it work?
- Log in to the Mobile Community from a mobile device (either through the browser or using the mobile app).
- Select "Transactions" and then "Deposit Check" from the navigation menu, or select "Deposit Check" from your mobile quick tools.
- Select the account you wish to make the deposit, and input the amount of the check.
- You'll be prompted to take a photo of the front and back of the check. Make sure all four corners are visible.
- Review the information and select "Submit!"
It's that simple!
How long will it take for my deposit to appear in my account?
If the check is deposited before 4 pm, it will be made available on the next business day. If the check is deposited after 4 pm, it will be made available in two business days.
How do I endorse my check?
Personal Mobile Deposit Customers:
We are now asking that all personal customers write "For Mobile Deposit at Community Bank & Trust only" followed by the signature of all payees.
Commercial Mobile Deposit Customers:
We are now asking that all commercial customers write "For Mobile Deposit at Community Bank & Trust only to #xxxx1234 (last four digits of account number)", and then the signature of all payees.
Can a Commercial Customer use Mobile Deposit?
Yes! Contact us at 254-753-1521 to let us help you get signed up!
What types of items are ineligible for Mobile Deposit?
- Checks payable to any person other than the account owner
- Checks containing an alteration to the front of the check, which you know to be fraudulent
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees
- Checks drawn on any financial institution located outside the U.S.
- Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit
- Checks that have previously been submitted for deposit
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency
If you are unable to take a photo of the check, make sure you have allowed the Mobile Community app access to your device's camera. You can check this in your device's settings.
Need assistance with Mobile Deposits?
Give us a call at 254-753-1521. Our Contact Center is always happy to assist you!