Trust us to preserve your legacy
Are you looking for a way to protect your assets and ensure that your wishes are carried out after you're gone? A trust can be a powerful tool for preserving wealth and providing for your loved ones. Our team of experienced Trust Officers can help you create a trust that meets your needs.
We work with you, your estate planning attorney, and your tax advisor to put in place the most beneficial plan for you during your lifetime and the goals you have for your wealth once you are gone.
Benefits of a Trust
A trust is a flexible estate planning tool that can offer a variety of benefits:
- Control of your wealth – you get to specify the terms of a trust and control when and to whom distributions are made.
- Protection of your legacy – you can help protect your estate from your heirs’ creditors or from beneficiaries who may not be adept at money management.
- Privacy and probate savings – trusts may allow assets to pass outside of probate courts, remaining private, which possibly reduces the amount paid to court fees and taxes in the process.
Living (Revocable) Trust
Created by an individual, the Living (Revocable) Living Trust is a flexible planning tool. The Wealth Management & Trust Department provides expertise as authorized by the creator/beneficiary. The terms of this type of trust may call for the assets to be distributed to the beneficiary's estate or be distributed to new trusts at the beneficiary's death.
- Flexibility - Creator/Beneficiary is in total control
- Continues upon incapacity or guardianship
- Investment management and bill pay feature
- Detailed accounting
- Efficient way of consolidating assets
Created by an individual as a provision of his/her will to be funded at death. The trust beneficiaries receive expertise of the Wealth Management & Trust Department's management team for the term of the trust and distributions per the provisions of the trust document.
- Creditor protection per trust terms
- Investment management
- Detailed accounting
Is a Trust right for you?
Interested in learning more about trusts? Our experienced Trust Officers would love to discuss your unique financial situation with you! Give us a call today at 254-753-1521, or complete the form below and a Trust Officer will reach out to you!
Non-deposit investment products are not FDIC insured.